23 February 2010

Successful Firing...Relief






This is a picture of the successful firing of the pieces shown in the previous post. As there are so many pieces, I have posted a group photo and two of my favorite pieces. The intention was to keep the pieces more orange than not, to really contrast against the running ash glaze, but despite my efforts, I still had one piece that carbon trapped considerably (as posted in first individual picture). Surprisingly, I really liked it and now wish that I had a bit more carbon trapping on each piece... the second individual picture is a good example of what I will attempt to get in following firings.

The pieces are all thrown and altered porcelain, fired to cone 10 in reduction. They have been glazed with a carbon trap shino, and then the top portion coated heavily with an ash glaze. 


2 comments:

Lumi 9 said...

Love.

- darick

Ollie said...

funky. I like them